Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Look up!

"Humility is a matter of the heart."



Story time!



A young soldier was desperate to see the president of the United States. He paced up and down just in front of the gates of the white house deliberating. Finally, he gathered all the courage within him, and tried his luck to pass the guards.



Unfortunately, he was rejected. He was told that the president was in an important meeting and that he had no time to entertain the soldier.



Discouraged, he gave up and headed to the park just around the corner. Lost in his train of thoughts, completely oblivious to his surroundings, he shook his head, and started to weep.



This moment, a little boy approached him and questioned, "Are you all right, Sir?"



Troubled, the young soldier replied, "I have to see the president urgently, it's a matter of life and death. But the president is in a meeting and I am forbiddened to enter."



"Oh! The president? Follow me!"



Innocent as he was, the little boy grabbed the soldier's hand and dragged him along. All the way past the front gates, into the white house, and without even a slight knock, or a herald of his coming, he barged right into the room where the president's meeting took place.



Full of love and compassion, the president not only ceased all discussions, turned to face the little boy and enquired, "Yes, my son, what can I do for you?"



The little boy answered, "Daddy, this soldier has to see you immediately!"







The little boy is like Jesus, interceding for us in the presence of God. All we have to do, is seek Him, and we will find.





Picture time!



Photobucket


Photobucket

Credits to Spanks!

Photobucket

Butt family!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

'cause when it comes to you,

there's nothing I can do.

I can't make you love me when you don't.

I see it your eyes,

I'm the compromise.

I can't take another slow goodbye.

No comments: